The NFL Is Opening ‘Official Hubs’ on Spotify, Pandora, SoundCloud, Tidal
November 1, 2019
As further indication that music streaming services have gone fully mainstream, the National Football League (NFL) announced that it is opening official hubs on leading streaming platforms.
Recently, the NFL has been looking for ways to better connect with potentially alienated demographics, especially as the league became a warzone for social issues and debate. That motivated a partnership with Jay-Z and his company Roc Nation, which features not only social activism but also performances by top music artists.
But beyond the controversies, the NFL is also trying to reach outside its standard base of fans, while super-serving its existing core. That’s causing the league to expand into areas like music streaming platforms.
Accordingly, football fans — or prospective football fans — can now find NFL content on the following streaming platforms:
It should be noted that not all the content will be the same on each platform. The league says that it will tailor the content to each platform based on what is possible on a particular platform.
The content, which will be provided completely free of charge, includes both audio and video, such as:
- Legendary matchups
- Career highlights of the greatest to play the game
- Video podcasts
- Audio/visual albums
Among the video podcasts the league will offer is “Around the NFL,” which is actually multiple shows. Before the games commence on Sundays, they will preview the matchups, and then they will recap the games at the end of the day.
In their announcement, the league further detailed examples of the content fans can access through the hubs. This includes:
- Footage of legends like Peyton Manning making their league debuts
- NFL 100 Rewind content, spotlighting superstars such Michael Strahan and Terrell Davis
- Highlight reels from NFL legendary teams such as “The Greatest Show on Turf”
- Roundtable discussions featuring Joe Namath, John Elway and other football greats
- Podcasts such as “Around the NFL,” “Move The Sticks,” “Fantasy Podcast” and “The Dave Dameshek Football Program”
- Curated NFL playlists and exclusive interviews