Weight loss challenge: It is important to pamper yourself (Day 14)
So how do you go about rewarding yourself? There are multiple non- food ways you can reward yourself and it is important to recognise them. Pampering goes a long way in one’s weight loss journey because it helps you manage your stress, emotions and helps you discover ways you can pamper yourself without depending on food. For example, if your way to celebrate a project’s success is a big tub of ice cream or a rich dinner at your favourite place, then may be you should get into the habit of finding alternate ways to reward yourself.
So what are these ways? Here are some suggestions:
– Have a nice hot bath to relax your mind and soul. Follow it up with a warm cup of jasmine tea to get a spa like experience.
– Alternatively, book a spa appointment and choose the massage you like the most. It will help relax your nerves.
– Book a beauty appointment. Looking best is also linked with feeling best so this is a great way of rewarding yourself.
– Read a book you have been meaning to read or watch a movie/ series that everyone has been talking about. But remember, do not reach out for unhealthy snacks.
– Sleep, as much as you like! There is scientific evidence that sleeping is critical to regulate our body weight.
– Visit an organic market with your friends and family. Pick farm fresh produce and mingle with like minded people there.
Also, you need to reward yourself for sticking through so far!